The samples were labeled
The protocol is as follows:
- 100 mg tissue homogenized in 1 ml RNAzol RT at room temp.
- Added 400 ul Nanopure water to homogenate.
- Incubated 15 minutes at room temp
- Centrifuged 15 minutes at 11,400 rpm (~12,000 g)
- Transfered 1 ml supernatant to fresh tube
- Added 400 ul 75% EtOH
- Mixed via inversion for 15 seconds
- Incubated samples 10 minutes at room temp
- Centrifuged 8 minutes at 11,400 rpm (~12,000 g)
- Discarded supernant
- Added 600 ul 75% EtOH
- Vortexed 15 seconds
- Centrifuged 3 minutes at 7,400 rpm (~8000 g)
- Repeated steps 10 - 13.
- Removed supernatant
- resuspended RNA in 100 ul Nanopure water
The results from the nanodrop were as follows.
Tomorrow I will run a qPCR on the RNA to verify the purity of the RNA and ensure there is no genomic DNA in the sample.